Recipe courtesy of Barclay Losse, Gather Nuts Team Member.
So delightfully divine, it's hard to taste that these "Cheezy" Balls are dairy-free!
Smooth cashews meet crunchy "Cheezy" Almonds in this nutty creation. Simply blend together cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, miso paste, fresh chives, and spices — and before no time you'll have the perfect dip for crackers, crisp veggies, or freshly baked bread.
1 Cup Raw Cashews
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Refined Coconut Oil
3/4 Tablespoons White Miso Paste
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
1 clove Garlic
3 Tablespoons Water
2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives
2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
Crushed Gather Nuts "Cheezy" Almonds
1. In a medium bowl, cover the cashews in hot water and soak for 1 hour
2. Drain the cashews and add to the blender along with lemon juice, coconut oil, miso paste, salt, paprika, cayenne, dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, crushed garlic and water and blend until smooth. Might need to add a little water but it should be thick.
3. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and stir in Italian seasoning and 1 Tbsp of chopped chives.
4. Line a small bowl with plastic wrap and spoon the mixture into the bowl. Twist the plastic wrap to seal it, creating a ball shape. You can make 1 big ball for several smaller ones.
5. Place the bowl with your cheese ball into the freezer for 1 hour to set.
6. While the cheese is setting, crush Gather Nuts Cheezy Almonds and place them into a wide bowl.
7. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp chopped chives and mix in with the crushed almonds.
8. After 1 hour remove the cheese ball from the freezer and gently remove the plastic wrap.
9. Gently roll the cheese ball in the crushed almonds and chives, making sure the ball is evenly coated. You can push some of the broken almonds into the cheese ball to they stick.
10. Return the cheese ball to the small bowl that it set in and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until you’re ready to serve. Keep COLD!