Nutbliss Bar Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Barclay Losse, Gather Nuts Team Member.
There are times when nothing will do but a rich, chewy treat packed with nuts and covered in chocolate. Introducing the Nutbliss Bar, a decadent indulgence that’s genuinely good for you. Our own plant-based recipe is a confection you can feel good about, with protein, iron and vitamin e-rich Maple Cardamom Almonds, wholesome dates and delicious dark chocolate, a potent source of antioxidants. These nutty, nougaty treats make the perfect homemade gift for all the plant-based eaters on your list, but be sure to keep a few bars in the freezer for yourself.
-1 Cup Maple Cardamom Almond meal from Gather Nuts
-1 1/2 Cups Oat Flour
-2 1/2 Tablespoons Agave
-3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
-1/2 Teaspoon Salt
-3/4 Cup Unsweetened Oat, Hemp, or Almond Milk
-10 Dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
-3 Tablespoons Gather Nuts Cardamom Almond Butter (see previous recipe)
-1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
-1/4 Cup Agave
-1 Teaspoon Vanilla Paste
-1/2 Teaspoon Salt
-4 Tablespoons Maple Cardamom Almonds whole or chopped
-2 cups dark chocolate chips
1. Combine the almond meal, oat flour, agave, coconut oil, salt, and plant milk in a food processor to make the nougat base. Pulse until well mixed and kind of sticky. You can make these in a baking dish, cookie sheet, or silicone molds but push the mixture together flat as if you were making the first layer of the bar. Put in freezer.
2. Combine the Caramel ingredients in a food processor and mix until it has the consistency desired.
3. Spoon or pour that mixture over the nougat layer after it cools.
4. Top that layer with Gather Nuts Maple Cardamom Almonds. Put in freezer.
5. Melt the chocolate on a double boiler (not above 120 degrees) and cover the bars with the melted chocolate. Put the covered bars on a wire cooling rack. Refrigerate for up to 10 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
Recipe courtesy of Gather Nuts Team Member, Barclay Losse.