Cumin Pumpkin Balls Recipe | Meatless and Delicious!
Recipe courtesy of Barclay Losse, Gather Nuts team member.
Go Meatless this Fall with Comforting Cumin Pumpkin Balls!
What happens when you combine earthy brown rice, sundried tomatoes, Savory Spice Italian herb blend and Oregon-grown Cumin Pumpkin Seeds? Only the most deicious plant-based dinner ever! Pumpkin seeds are anti-inflammatory and rich in tryptophan and magnesium, a recipe for relaxation. Add a splash of red sauce, and buon appetito! This savory mixture makes a great meatless burger patty and base for plant-based bolognese, too. Recipe and photos are courtesy of Gather Nuts Team Member, Barclay Losse.
-1/2 cup Gather Nuts Cumin Pumpkin Seeds +2 tbsp
-1/2 cup cooked brown rice
-1/4 cup roasted red pepper or sun-dried tomato
-1/2 tbsp tomato paste
-1/4 cup green onion
-3/4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
-2 cloves garlic
-2 tsp Savory Spice Cantanzaro Herbs
-1/4 tsp blackstrap molasses
-1/4 cup rolled oats
-pinch of salt
1. In a food processor, add every ingredient except the OATS and the 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds.
2. Puree until the mixture is well combined but maybe there’s a few small chunks left, scraping the bowl down so everything gets mixed in.
3. Add the oats and pulse the food processor a few times to incorporate them into the mix.
4. Add the 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds and pulse again but leave some texture in the mix
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour
6. Make small-medium sized meatballs and sauté on a cast iron pan at medium heat with a little olive oil. Enjoy with marinara sauce or in your favorite recipes!
Want to see meatless pumpkin balls in the skillet?
Shanna and Denali went live on Facebook this week, answering these questions:
- What can I cook with all these pumpkin seeds?
- What health benefits are there to eating pumpkin seeds?
- What ingredients are in these meatless marvels?
Check out the video!
And if you have questions or comments, please join the conversation on Facebook. We'd be happy to answer your questions about the recipe and hear if you tried it!